Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sick as a dog.
Just got back from a 3 day trip up to the Northern tip of New Zealand, to a place called the Bay of Islands.
I did a jet boat tour, sandboarded down some huge dunes, went on a few nature walks...
The trip was great, but I'm suffering from a pretty intense head cold right now.
Australia vs. New Zealand...
It's too early to tell, but there are definitely things I prefer here, and miss from there.
I love how it cools off at night here (Cairns is 35 degrees at 3am) I love being able to swim in the ocean without fear of jelly fish, and I actually prefer the kiwi accent.
I miss exotic birds flying around city streets, warm water temperatures and goon from Aussy.
Hostels and internet seem to be more expensive here, food and alcohol are a bit cheaper.
Another dating disaster.
I met this girl from Denmark at the 'Pipi Patch' hostel in Paihia and we hit it off. We were inseperable for two full days, this girl made me laugh like no other.
One night we're on the computer together and she added me to facebook- she wanted to show me pictures of her girlfriend.

1 comment:

Phill said...

hahaha lmao@the pictures of girlfriend. I feel your pain mate! I'm finally home from my trip and have the post-travel blues but I'll get over it. Soon I'll have some Canadians to remind me all about it!

-Phill