Wednesday, November 21, 2007


Day 13
A couple of disapointments today. I had booked and paid for a sky dive. I got out to the airfield only to be told I'm too heavy. Justin's kite surfing didn't work out either- not enough wind.
Kinda bummed, we left Byron Bay today and headed for Surfer's Paradise.
As my guidebook said, this town is ALL hype, suuuper expensive, and not worth stopping.
It was 'Schoolies' week, so we thought it would be a huge party.
It was, if you're under 20.
We felt like old creepy men as we sat in an Irish pub, sipping Guiness, watching 20,000+ teenagers run around and fall over.
This one kid, Tim, kept begging me to punch him in the face.
Broke down and splurged on a cheap hotel. It was nice to recharge and sleeping on a bed was pretty great.
We leave Lamesville tomorrow, heading to Brisbane to find work.
*I need to lose 9 kilos.
*I need to find out how much 9 kilos is in pounds.

No comments: