Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 20
My first day of work!
I woke up at 5am today and called my boss. Yes! he said, there would be work.
I drove almost an hour, straight up a mountain to a town called Mount Nebo.
I met Tom at a cafe, and he showed me my task for the day- digging six 5 feet deep holes. barf.
Not even two hours into my backbreaking work, it started to pour down rain and we were forced to stop.
Bittersweet I think is the word I'm looking for.
It didn't rain in the city, so Justin had another full day of work.
The point of the Brisbane stop was to earn some money, so far that hasn't worked out too well.
A little disapointed, I needed a change of scenery, so we switched hostels to 'Cloud 9' down the street.
We roomed with an Australian girl, Justin had a crush on her.

No comments: