Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Day 26
Score!
Justin and I were both able to score jobs here at the Eurong Beach resort on Fraser (not Frasier) island!
Justin is going to start in the bakery, and I am going to be washing dishes.
The 'town' is one sandy road perpendicular to the beach, about 100 meters long. Everything revolves around the resort which employs about 40 people.
I'm not looking forward to the work, but it's really great to relax, actually meet people and get on some sort of a schedule. The ol' bank account will thank me too.
Our jobs include accomodation, 3 meals a day, use of all the facilities and pays fairly well.
It looks like we will be here through Christmas and New Years.
Justin, myself, and two ladies - Devon and Lonnie- went for a late night beach walk. There is phosphorous in the sand here, and when you kick it the sand glows green. No juicy stories, sorry.
You can't swim in the ocean on this beach, it is riddled with sharks.
You can't throw knives at my dartboard, it's riddled with darts.
http://www.eurong.com/

No comments: